Terms of Service
Article 1 - Definitions
In these conditions, the following definitions shall apply:
Entrepreneur: the natural or legal person who offers products and / or services to consumers at a distance;
Consumer: the natural person who does not act in the exercise of profession or business and enters into a distance contract with the entrepreneur;
Distance contract: an agreement whereby, within the framework of a system organized by the entrepreneur for the distance selling of products and / or services, up to and including the conclusion of the agreement, use is only made of one or more techniques for distance communication;
Technique for distance communication: means that can be used for concluding an agreement, without the consumer and trader being in the same place at the same time;
Reflection period: the period within which the consumer can make use of his right of withdrawal;
Right of withdrawal: the possibility for the consumer to refrain from the distance contract within the reflection period;
Day: calendar day;
Duration of transaction: an agreement at a distance relating to a series of products and/ or services, of which the obligation of delivery and/ or purchase is spread in time;
Durable data carrier: any means that enables the consumer or the entrepreneur to store information personally addressed to him in a way which makes future consultation and unaltered reproduction of the information stored possible;
Article 2 - Identity of the entrepreneur
Udoc Publishing Systems B.V.
Acting under the name / names: Udoc, Udoc Publishing Services and carmanuals.eu
Establishment & visiting address
2712 BZ Zoetermeer
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
COC number: 60207639
Article 3 - Applicability
- These general Terms of Service apply to any offer from the entrepreneur and to any distance contract concluded by the entrepreneur and the consumer.
- Before the distance contract is concluded, the text of these general terms of service will be made available to the consumer. If this is not reasonably possible, before the distance contract is concluded, it will be indicated that the general terms of service can be viewed by the entrepreneur and they will be sent free of charge as soon as possible at the request of the consumer.
- If the distance contract is concluded electronically, by way of derogation from the previous paragraph and before the distance contract is concluded, the text of these general terms of service can be made available electronically to the consumer in such a way that the consumers can be easily stored on a durable medium. If this is not reasonably possible, before the distance contract is concluded, it will be indicated where the general terms of service can be consulted electronically and that at the request of the consumer they will be sent free of charge by electronic means or otherwise.
- In the event that specific product or service conditions apply in addition to these general terms of service, the second and third paragraphs shall apply mutatis mutandis and the consumer may in the event of conflicting general terms of service always invoke the applicable provision that most favorable.
Article 4 - The offer
- If an offer is of limited duration or subject to conditions, this will be explicitly stated in the offer.
- The offer contains a complete and accurate description of the offered products and / or services. The description is sufficiently detailed to allow a proper assessment of the offer by the consumer. If the entrepreneur uses images, these are a true reflection of the offered products and / or services. Obvious mistakes or errors in the offer do not bind the entrepreneur.
- Each offer contains such information that it is clear to the consumer what rights and obligations are attached to the acceptance of the offer. This concerns in particular:
- the price including taxes;
- the possible costs of delivery;
- the way in which the contract will be concluded and which actions are necessary for this;
- whether or not the right of withdrawal applies;
- the method of payment, delivery or execution of the agreement;
- the period for accepting the offer or the period for adhering to the price;
- the level of the tariff for distance communication if the costs of using the technique for distance communication are calculated on a basis other than the basic rate;
- if the agreement is archived after the conclusion, how it can be consulted by the consumer;
- the manner in which the consumer can get informed of the actions he does not wish to take before concluding the contract, as well as the way in which he can rectify these before the contract is concluded;
- the possible languages in which, in addition to Dutch, the agreement can be concluded; and
- the minimum duration of the distance contract in case of an agreement that extends to the continuous or periodic delivery of products or services.
Article 5 - The contract
- Subject to the provisions of paragraph 4, the agreement is concluded at the moment of acceptance by the consumer of the offer and the fulfillment of the corresponding conditions.
- If the consumer has accepted the offer electronically, the entrepreneur will immediately confirm electronically the receipt of the acceptance of the offer. As long as the receipt of this acceptance has not been confirmed, the consumer can dissolve the agreement.
- If the agreement is concluded electronically, the entrepreneur will take appropriate technical and organizational measures to secure the electronic transfer of data and he will ensure a secure web environment. If the consumer can pay electronically, the entrepreneur will observe appropriate security measures.
- The entrepreneur can - within legal frameworks - inform whether the consumer can meet his payment obligations, as well as all those facts and factors that are important for a responsible conclusion of the distance contract. If the entrepreneur based on this investigation has good reasons not to enter into the agreement, he is entitled to refuse an order or request, motivated or to attach special conditions to the execution.
- With the product or service the entrepreneur will send the following information in writing or in such a way that it can be stored by the consumer in an accessible manner on a durable medium:
a. the visiting address of the business location of the trader where the consumer can go with complaints;
b. the conditions under which and the manner in which the consumer can exercise the right of withdrawal, or a clear statement regarding the exclusion of the right of withdrawal;
c. the information about existing service after purchase and guarantees;
d. the information included in article 4 paragraph 3 of these conditions, unless the entrepreneur has already provided this information to the consumer before the execution of the agreement;
e. the requirements for terminating the agreement if the agreement has a duration of more than one year or of indefinite duration.
- If the entrepreneur has committed himself to supplying a series of products or services, the provision in the previous paragraph only applies to the first delivery.
Article 6 - Right of withdrawal upon delivery of products
- When purchasing products, the consumer has the option to terminate the contract without giving any reason within 14 days. This period starts on the day after receipt of the product by or on behalf of the consumer.
- During this period, the consumer will handle the product and packaging carefully. He will only unpack or use the product to the extent that is necessary to assess whether he wishes to keep the product. If he makes use of his right of withdrawal, he will return the product with all accessories and - if reasonably possible - in the original condition and packaging to the entrepreneur, in accordance with the reasonable and clear instructions provided by the entrepreneur.
Article 7 - Costs in case of withdrawal
- If the consumer exercises his right of withdrawal, the costs of returning the goods are at the most.
- If the consumer has paid an amount, the entrepreneur this amount as soon as possible, but no later than 30 days after the return or cancellation, refund.
Article 8 - Exclusion of right of withdrawal
- If the consumer does not have a right of withdrawal, this can only be excluded by the entrepreneur if the entrepreneur has clearly stated this in the offer, at least in time for the conclusion of the contract.
- Exclusion of the right of withdrawal is only possible for products:
a. that have been created by the entrepreneur in accordance with the specifications of the consumer;
b. that are clearly personal in nature;
c. which can not be returned due to their nature;
d. that can spoil or age quickly;
e. the price of which is subject to fluctuations in the financial market on which the entrepreneur has no influence;
f. for loose newspapers and magazines;
g. for documents made with print on demand;
h. for audio and video recordings and computer software of which the consumer has broken the seal.
Article 9 - The price
- During the period mentioned in the offer, the prices of the offered products and / or services will not be increased, except for price changes due to changes in VAT rates.
- Contrary to the previous paragraph, the entrepreneur can offer products or services whose prices are subject to fluctuations in the financial market and which the entrepreneur has no influence on, with variable prices. This link to fluctuations and the fact that any listed prices are target prices are mentioned in the offer.
- Price increases within 3 months after the conclusion of the contract are only permitted if they are the result of statutory regulations or provisions.
- Price increases from 3 months after the conclusion of the contract are only allowed if the entrepreneur has stipulated this and:
a. they are the result of statutory regulations or stipulations; or
b. the consumer has the authority to cancel the agreement by the day on which the price increase takes effect.
- The prices mentioned in the offer of products or services include VAT.
Article 10 - Conformity and Guarantee
- The entrepreneur warrants that the products and / or services comply with the agreement, the specifications stated in the offer, the reasonable requirements of soundness and / or usability and the legal rights existing on the date of the conclusion of the agreement. provisions and / or government regulations.
- An arrangement offered by the entrepreneur, manufacturer or importer as guarantee does not affect the rights and claims that the consumer can assert to the entrepreneur in respect of a shortcoming in the fulfillment of the obligations of the entrepreneur by virtue of the law and / or the distance contract.
Article 11 - Delivery and execution
- The trader will take the greatest possible care when receiving and implementing orders for products and when assessing applications for the provision of services.
- The place of delivery is the address that the consumer has made known to the company.
- With due observance of what is stated in article 4 of these general terms and conditions, the company will execute accepted orders expeditiously but no later than 30 days, unless a longer delivery period has been agreed. If the delivery is delayed, or if an order can not or only partially be executed, the consumer will receive this no later than one month after he has placed the order. In that case, the consumer has the right to terminate the contract without penalty and the right to any compensation.
- In case of dissolution in accordance with the previous paragraph, the entrepreneur will refund the amount that the consumer has paid as soon as possible but no later than 30 days after termination.
- If delivery of an ordered product proves to be impossible, the entrepreneur will endeavor to make a replacement article available. At the latest at the time of delivery, it will be stated in a clear and comprehensible manner that a replacement item will be delivered. For replacement items right of withdrawal can not be excluded. The costs of return shipment are for the account of the entrepreneur.
Article 12 - Duration transactions
- The consumer may at any time terminate an agreement that has been concluded for an indefinite period with due observance of the agreed cancellation rules and a notice period of no more than one month.
- A contract that has been entered into for a definite period has a maximum term of two years. If it has been agreed that the distance contract will be extended if the consumer is silent, the agreement will be continued as a contract for an indefinite period and the notice period after continuation of the agreement will be a maximum of one month.
Article 13 - Payment
- Insofar as not later agreed, the amounts owed by the consumer must be paid within fourteen days after delivery of the good or in case of an agreement to provide a service, within 14 days after issuance of the documents relating to this agreement.
- When selling products to consumers, a prepayment of more than 50% may never be stipulated in general terms and conditions. If payment in advance is stipulated, the consumer can not assert any rights regarding the execution of the order or service (s), before the stipulated advance payment has taken place.
- The consumer has the duty to report inaccuracies in provided or stated payment details to the entrepreneur without delay.
- In the event of default by the consumer, the entrepreneur has the right, subject to legal restrictions, to charge the reasonable costs made known to the consumer beforehand.
Article 14 - Complaints procedure
- The entrepreneur has a well-publicized complaints procedure and handles the complaint in accordance with this complaints procedure.
- Complaints about the execution of the agreement must be submitted to the entrepreneur within a reasonable time, fully and clearly described, after the consumer has discovered the defects.
- Complaints submitted to the entrepreneur will be answered within a period of 14 days from the date of receipt. If a complaint requires a foreseeable longer processing time, the entrepreneur will respond within the period of 14 days with a notice of receipt and an indication when the consumer can expect a more detailed answer.
Article 15 - Modification of the general terms and conditions
- The entrepreneur is allowed to provide notifications to the consumer, including notifications regarding changes to the general terms and conditions, by e-mail, regular mail or the posting of notices on the Website.
- If the entrepreneur does not exercise or maintain a certain legal right or (legal) means (or a right or (legal) means on the part of the entrepreneur under any applicable law in the general terms and conditions), this shall not be construed as an official declaration of waiver with regard to the rights of the entrepreneur, and that these rights or (legal) means are still available to the entrepreneur.
- If a competent court decides that a provision of the general terms and conditions is invalid, then that provision will be removed from the general conditions without affecting the other conditions. However, the remaining conditions will remain valid and enforceable.
- Amendments to these terms and conditions shall only take effect after they have been published in a suitable manner, with the proviso that if the changes are applicable during the term of an offer, the provision most favorable to the consumer shall prevail.